Krishan L. Swami
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
Krishan is a finance, legal, HR, and general management professional, with over 33 years of corporate experience. He has broad-based functional expertise and insights into a variety of industries. He has been in leadership roles for 23 years in diverse industries.
During last 16 years of corporate career, Krishan has worked in the Top Management positions with leading Indian Business houses, e.g.:
- ‘Executive Director & Group CFO’ – a Board Member – with ‘Batliboi Group’ (a premier Indian engineering conglomerate with diversified businesses internationally). Was on the Board of their major group companies, including ‘Batliboi Ltd.’, the flagship company listed on BSE
- ‘Director Finance’ – a Board Member – with ‘Petron Engineering Construction Ltd.’ (a mechanical construction EPC company, listed on BSE and NSE, a part of US$2.5 Bn KazStroyService group)
- ‘Group CFO’ with ‘Grauer & Weil (India) Ltd.’ (leading specialty chemicals manufacturer)
- ‘Director Finance’ – a Board Member – with a large Indian business house (a conglomerate in steel, mining, logistics, shipping, ports, energy, engineering and textiles)
Krishan has served on the Board of Directors of leading companies in diverse businesses (manufacturing, engineering, EPC, construction, real estate, energy, environment engineering, ports, and logistics), including listed ones. Krishan has been a part of, and worked along with demanding Boardsconsisting of eminent personalities, ensuring the highest standard of corporate governance, while contributing in the success and growth of business. Krishan has actively worked with and supported chairmen and managing directors of companies in driving business performance. Krishan has also served as Chairman on the Board of an Environment Engineering JV with a South Korean co.
Corporate strategy, finance, accounting, tax, legal, company secretarial, HR, and general management are the core areas of Krishan’s functional expertise. During his corporate career, Krishan has helped companies strategise, restructure, transform, grow, and improve shareholders’ value. He has successfully led International acquisitions, financial restructuring & turn-around, large funds raising from Indian and global financial institutions. He has spearheaded major HR and organisational transformation initiatives like implementation of Balanced ScoreCard, Competency Framework Design, and Performance Management System, working along with global consultants. He has also hired and led a large number of senior level professionals e.g., CEO’s, CFO’s, Company Secretaries, Sr. V.P.’s, V.P.’s, and heads of different functions. Krishan is well networked with industry leaders, senior professionals, and bankers.
Krishan took a break from his corporate career to set up ‘Krishan Lal Swami and Associates, Executive Search and Finance Consultants’ (KLS&A), in early 2012; and in a short time, has built a successful consulting practice with a competent team and decent clientele.
Krishan is a professionally qualified banker (CAIIB), cost & management accountant (ACMA),certified management accountant (CMA, USA), company secretary (ACS), lawyer (LL.B. Gen.), and has a post-graduate diploma in management (AIMA). He has also attended the Accelerated Management Program (AMP) at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad (ISB).
- Leadership Hiring
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance advisory